So, I decided to just record myself playing via webcam. I actually had a pretty decent version recorded, but it got deleted (just try and imagine the amount of expletives that escaped my mouth in that moment - I practically filled a sailor's dictionary). So I decided to just post this one.
The quality is piss poor; terrible sound and video quality but it'll do for now; it's just to prove that I'm still working on the tracks and haven't just been blowing smoke. Oh, and ignore my hobo-like appearance; it was like 1am, 3 degrees and I was NOT in a good mood. I also suffer from massive performanc anxiety (not THAT kind of performance anxiety, wiseass), so I'm always wary of uploading something that's flawed - and flawed it is! Anyway, now that I've run it into the ground enough, here it is:
I know the sound quality is horrid; I'll pull this post when I do a better one, which will be soon, hopefully (provided my equipment doesn't bugger up again). I don't play this one very often because:
1: It's an absolute bitch to play, mainly due to keeping the pace without cluttering the sound, which I think I still did in this version....
And
2: The full version runs for over six minutes (with a lot more pieces/riffs) and playing at that speed for that long friggin' KILLS my wrists/forearms. I swear I'll wind up with Carpal Tunnel before the damn thing's ready....
Again: don't take this as an official version in any way, shape or form; it's only temporary and will be pulled when I do a better version. I still have to add drumlines and effects, so it may take a while to compose. Meh, maybe this will be good for the old perfectionism; uploading something I'm not satisfied with.
In the meantime, stay tuned: more tracks (of hopefully far better quality) are coming soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment